As you probably know by now, I’m all about vibration. And the vibration of love connects us to our heart center, and allows us to open up to who we really are.I love hearts in all forms: I collect heart rocks, I have lots of heart stencils, stickers and stamps for my mixed media art.
I, personally, love to feel love. In fact, I’d say it’s an essential component of my SoulPath Vibration (link in blog). It’s that open heart feeling.
So what is LOVE? And how can we be in charge of our own experience of it? Can we love someone else if we can’t generate love within? I’ve heard that you can’t love another until you can love yourself. So, rather than debate that, I’d like to turn it around, and say that when you cultivate love anywhere, you can have it everywhere.
Ways to cultivate love:
- Smell a rose: Roses became a symbol of love because the scent of rose (real essential oil or smelling a blossom, or even using this photograph) opens the heart.
- Meditate with my “Luv is EveryWhere” monoprint at the top of this blog.
- Hum a tone that vibrates in your heart chakra.
- Make a valentine for yourself or a friend. Remember folding paper in half so you could cut out hearts? Engage your inner child in this process and see what happens.
- Look at yourself in the mirror and say “I love you” out loud.
- Sing your favorite love song to yourSelf. (Or play it on repeat and see how much Love you can stand!)
Going Deeper: More ways to cultivate love.
I love to officiate at weddings! They are all about love. Often, before the bride walks in, I invite the gathered guests to imagine a time when they felt deeply loved. And then I invite them to grow that love by imagining other times. And then to let it flow out of them so we can create a giant bubble of love for the Bride to enter. It’s palpable; people love this. And, really, it’s all about the power of imagination and where we focus our energy.
- So here’s your own version of that: Imagine a time when you felt really loved. It could have been only for a minute. Can you feel the vibration in your body? And remember another time, and so on. See how many times you can remember, and allow the feeling to grow.
- Look around you right now, and find evidence of love. What you pay attention to, you get more of. Maybe it’s a flower that opens your heart, a photo that reminds you when you were filled with love, even a gift given to you in love.
- Make a list of 3 things you love about yourSelf….every day.
If you are looking for love and cultivating love, how long does it take to feel more love? If you make a habit of this, you will feel more love. You will have more love to share. You can allow love to help you make decisions….
Love and Light,