Exploring the Unknown, Part 1. (Hints for Being YourSelf #18)
by Barbara Steinberg, PhD, SoulPath Alchemy Facilitator
As a kid I was a history buff and always marveled at the adventures of the great oceanic explorers of the New World: Magellan, Balboa, Vasco de Gama, Columbus. If you recall, most people believed that the world was flat so if you sailed long enough and far enough, a ship and its crew would just drop off the planet!
To me, the eight to ten year old reader, these men were heroes. They prepared their vessel with provisions, but was it enough for the length of the voyage? Although there were not many tools for charting a voyage, they took what was available at the time: compass, a sextant, a telescope, a map of unknown accuracy, a general knowledge of the stars and how to use them for navigation. Were these tools sufficient for sailing into the unknown?
Often as we work with SoulPath Alchemy™ in the uncharted higher realms, I have feelings alternating between exhilaration or uneasiness. These must be the same feelings the heroic oceanic explorers experienced as they sailed away from dry land and into the unknown.
Ponder, journal, meditate #1:
- Have you ever begun a project, preparing as best you could, but not being certain that you had everything you needed?
- Do you get excited about new beginnings, about new creations?
- Does not knowing the scope of a project or every detail of a process to reach completion make you feel uneasy?
- How do you express or manage those opposing feelings?
Ponder, journal, meditate #2:
- Can you place yourself on board a freshly readied ship, looking forward at the vast horizon, feeling the exhilaration they must have felt, knowing that they were on their way into a new adventure?
- Can you imagine the uneasiness they must have sensed as the land behind them disappeared from their vision, not knowing when they might see land again?
- Have you experienced this when you began a meditation without knowing the process or the destination?
Connect with like-hearted journeyers! Join us in the Cosmic Tea Room https://www.facebook.com/groups/CosmicTeaRoom. BTW, it’s free! If you’re already in, please post something NOW! We look forward to seeing you there!